Thursday, March 24, 2011




This is a very old box my husband bought for a dollar. He knows I love these things so I can change them. The box had a sunflower and was pretty empty. There was a teddy bear sitting in the wagon, and the whole thing was white. First my husband fixed the frame, then I cleaned it. Next I painted it, and started making the flowers. I put a ring on the door inside which i made  with some mini flowers and lace. After that I put a small curtain balance and a senier picture of me from high school on the wall. Then I put a bead on the door to make it look like a door knob. I found a nice photo of Ariana (grandbaby). Isn't she so cute? I cut it and put some metal wings on it, and start filling the wagon with mini flowers. Lastly I put a sticker on it that says "I Love You." Also, I put a feather on the inside left corner. Now lets talk about the outside. I painted it white, then I distressed it with Tim Holtz inks. It looked like it needed a bit more, so I used some liquid distresser on it. I forgot the name of it, but if any one would like to know, I'd be more than happy to check for you. After that I used a lace, shaped it like a circle, and glued it to the corner. Then I put lots of flowers, charms and some pins. After that I took an old wooden knob I had from an old table of mine that I renewed during the process of redoing my craft room. Anyways I took the knob and glued a piece of graphic 45 paper that has a small fairy, and glazed over it. I distressed it again afterwards, then put some lace and ribbon around the knob. Last but not least, I put a nice charm on it. After painting and distressing it, put the wooden decoration on the outside of the box at the top.

Thanks for stopping by, and as usual, comments are always welcome.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh my goodness, this is stunning.
    There is so much detail, I could look at this over and over and see something new.

    ReplyDelete